Still Life Painting and its features
Posted by jeaniewatson on November 9th, 2019
The still life paintings are works of art that can achieve great delicacy and modification. You can also call them still lifes and they are often seen decorating kitchens or dining rooms. There are many still life paintings in California Art Galleries.
Features of still life as a form of fine art
Also See: Still Life, Fine Art, Life Paintings, Wonderful Genre, Still, Painting, Life
- Along with the everyday genre, still life has long been considered a secondary type of painting, in which it is impossible to express high social ideas, civic virtues. Indeed, much of what is characteristic of the works of historical, battle and other types is not available to still life. However, the great masters proved that things can characterize both the social status and the lifestyle. Still life as a type of painting can be called a creative laboratory of painting, since it is both an integral part and a touchstone of easel art. It maximally exposes the plastic and coloristic possibilities of the Female Fine Artist; exposes the features of her thinking.
- This type has many functional features, sometimes it is called chamber music of painting. It is used as an educational setting, the initial stage of the study of nature during the apprenticeship. A Professional Interior Designer refers to a still life as a pictorial sketch from nature. Still life, if not one of the genres of painting, is a characteristic of so many opportunities for practicing formal pictorial searches. It can also become an independent painting, in its own way revealing the eternal theme of art - the theme of human being.
- The joy of direct communication with nature, a living source of fine art, in the work on still life takes on special meaning. "Still life is one of the artist’s sharp conversations with nature." Nobody distracts the artist in his work on still life, forcing him to concentrate on his own painting. Understanding simple objects as a particle of reality makes this a wonderful genre of painting.
- The world of things in a still life is always called upon to disclose their objective originality, unique qualities, and beauty. At the same time, it is always the human world, expressing a system of thoughts and feelings, attitude to the life of people of a certain society.
- Still life more than any other type escapes verbal images; a still life must be carefully watched, examined, immersed in it. As it teaches us to understand the actual painting, to admire its beauty, strength, depth - this is the only way to comprehend the true content of any picture, its image.
- Still life is famous by special principles of work with all the differences in historical and individual forms of this genre at different stages of its development. The scale of the composition in a still life is usually oriented to the size of a small room thing, from where the greater closeness of a still life compared to other genres. At the same time, the very form of the still life is deep and multi-tiered, polysyllabic, meaningful: the structure of the still life, state, nature of interpretation, elements of tradition, etc.
- As an independent genre of art, still life strongly affects the viewer, because it causes associative ideas and thoughts during the perception of inanimate objects, behind which people of certain characters, worldviews, different eras, etc. are seen.