2. Tawaf-al-Umrah; Mandatory for performing Umrah.
3. Tawaf-al-Qudoom; Performed upon entering Masjid-ul-Haram in the state of Ihram by those performing Hajj al-Qiran or Hajj al-Ifrad.
4. Tawaf-al-Widaa; Farewell tawaf performed at the end of Hajj.
5. Nafal tawaf; Can be performed anytime as a Nafal.
How to start Tawaf?
Before doing tawaf you need to fulfill all the requirements. For example, Wearing Ihram, Purifying one’s body through Wudhu or Ghusl, etc.
• Turn to your right, making sure that the Holy Kaabah is on your left side.
• Begin the first round of your Tawaf.
• Proceed in an anti-clockwise direction; around the ‘Hijr Ismail’.
• If you walk through Hijr Ismail, the round won’t be valid and you will have to perform it again.
• If there’s sufficient space as well as a requirement of your Tawaf, perform ‘Raml’.
Guidelines for Tawaf.
• Wear Ihram in a proper manner.
• Every pilgrim – men, women, and children, will start as well as end their Tawaf at the “Black Stone” also known as the Hajar al-Aswad.
• You can stop Tawaf if you need to go to the toilet or feel the hunger to eat or drink something. However, when you come back, make sure you are in the state of Wudhu and should start the tawaf where you left it.
• Refrain from unnecessary talking.
• 7 rounds of the Tawaf around the Kaabah are necessary. Neither you can perform fewer rounds nor additional rounds.
• When tawaf completes, one should slow down the walk and gradually transition out without disturbing the tawaf of others.
If you have booked umrah packages London, these tips will help you remain more aware of the Tawaf’s rules and regulations during the pilgrimage.