WordPress and Know-how
Posted by Technokrats on December 6th, 2019
Blogging is an excellent way of establishing your online presence for sharing knowledge or for the fancy of sharing/venting your feelings. When planning to be a blogger or to create a static website for your business, you need to find the right platform to build your online presence.
Where to begin:
Firstly, you can start with research about CMS (content management system). There are several open-source or proprietary publishing platforms to create websites. However, WordPress ranks at the top of the list of user-friendly platforms.
1. What is WordPress?
WordPress is the most popular and the simplest open-source content management system that is used to create dynamic websites and blogs. It helps you to create pages and customize every aspect of your site without having expertise knowledge of complicated HTML coding. It helps create any style of website, from a simple blog to a full-fledged eCommerce website with ease. Currently, WordPress empowers 29.3% of all sites on the internet.
WordPress has two different versions, and before you begin to use it, it is essential to know which is what and what the differences are:
- wordpress.com is the hosted version, that is, it runs on the official WordPress servers. It is free, and a website can be created in minutes. It is reliable and secure; WordPress does all the maintenance and up-gradation. However, it has its limitations. You won’t be given access to themes and plugins; you would have to pay to get access. Your site will be placed under a sub-domain.
- wordpress.org is the self-hosted version. It is an open-source that gives you complete control over the appearance and functionality of your site. You are free to use all the themes and plugin WordPress provides and can monetize your website in whichever way you want. However, you’ll need to have a hosting account which requires a fee. You will have to maintain it and keep backups all by yourself because WordPress won’t.
Why chooses WordPress?
- WordPress is free software; that is, it is free to download, install, and use.
- WordPress is an open-source CMS. This means code building in WordPress is free and accessible by all users. However, being accessible does not make your site vulnerable. WordPress has an open-source license that keeps it secure.
- WordPress is user-friendly. It is for ordinary people who do not possess knowledge of programming. WordPress comes with built-in themes and plugins that can be easily applied.
- WordPress is SEO-friendly. It comes with an SEO guide with an optimized framework; in other words, sites created under WordPress tend to rank higher in Google.
- WordPress supports different media types. To sum up, WordPress not only supports just text. It has a built-in media uploader to handle all sorts of media. It also allows the embedding of other websites.
- It is not just for making blogs. Though it was created as a blogging platform, with time, it has advanced into a full-fledged website building platform. Now, WordPress can create Blogs, Business commerce sites, e-commerce sites, Portfolios, Forums, Q&A websites, and far more.
- You don’t need to be a genius. WordPress is no rocket-science. A little self-research is enough to create a site, be it a hosted site or self-hosted. WordPress itself comes with a lot of help that you can use to create your website.
What do you need to create a WordPress account?
1. You will need a web hosting service that will connect your site to the internet. To store your content and images, you will need it. Without web hosting, your website will not be visible on the internet.
2. You will need a domain name to be searched on the internet. Your domain name should be something related to your content.
In a nutshell, you need first to understand the purpose of your site. Based on this, you need to figure out which version of WordPress is suitable for you. However, if you do not have the time to work on your site and need a professional help, you can seek for freelance WordPress developers to get a highly optimized and unique website. You just need to share your business idea or theme of your blog, they can help you with everything from translating your vision into a an interactive and mobile friendly site design but can also guide you in digital marketing strategy.Also See: Open Source, User Friendly, Self Hosted, Online Presence, Wordpress, Website, Site
Singing Superstar Karaoke Experience
Singing Superstar is a fully fledged Karaoke system that harnesses the power of your PC. You can test your skills with real time golden notes, line bonus' and popup's as you sing along with your favorite song.Fashion Era
Vintage Clothes - Eras in Fashion History. Hints & Tips for online buying selling dresses via Internet - Antique to RetroFashion Design Course
Discover how to get paid $1,000 per week as a personal fashion designer!Advertise Here