Familiarize With 3 Surgical Procedures To Treat And Correct Peyronie’s Disease
Posted by vivekc45 on December 7th, 2019
Peyronie's disease is identified as a noncancerous condition that prompts the formation of fibrous scar tissues on the penis thereby causing its curvature and subsequent painful erections. As a matter of fact, the shapes and sizes of the penis keep varying and getting a curved erection isn’t usually something you need to worry about. However, with Peyronie’s disease taking shape, your penis will develop a significant bend and you’ll experience too much pain during an erection.
- As per a leading urologist in Gurgaon Peyronie’s disease can prevent you from engaging in sexual intercourse.
- Furthermore, it’s difficult to invite or sustain an erection and causing erectile dysfunction.
- For a number of men, Peyronie’s disease also generates a lot of stress and anxiety.
- Besides, penile shortening is another commonly experienced concern.
- Hardly, you’ll find Peyronie’s disease resolving all by itself.
- In the majority of men affected by Peyronie’s disease, the condition either stays or shows a worsening over time.
- Therefore, by treating the condition early, soon after it develops, you may improve the symptoms and prevent it from worsening as well.
- Also, even if you had suffered from the condition for a certain period of time, opportune treatment may help show improvement in the discomforting symptoms of curvature, pain, and penile shortening.
- Here we take a look at three helpful surgical treatment options to correct Peyronie’s disease.
- Your urologist in Gurgaon might come up with a recommendation of surgery assuming that you experience severe deformity in your penis, sufficient and bothersome enough to put you off from having sex.
- As a rule, surgery is recommended until you’re forced to contend with the condition for around 9 to 12 months.
- Also, doctors forbid you from going ahead with the surgery until your penis stops showing an increase in its curvature and steadies for no less than 3 to 6 months.
- Commonly performed surgical methods take the following into account.
- Suturing or plicating the unaffected side
- Various procedures can be employed to suture or plicate the more elongated side of the penis which doesn’t have the scar tissue.
- An urologist from a top hospital in Gurgaon says that even though plication, time and again, is restricted to less serious penile curvatures the procedure anywise helps straighten the penis.
- A number of plication techniques may be put to use.
- In general, all of them, more or less, result in identical success rates conditional on the surgeon’s experience and preference.
- Incision or excision and grafting
- Amidst this surgery, one or multiple cuts in the scar tissue are made by the surgeon thereby permitting the sheath to sprawl and penis to smooth down.
- Next, the surgeon from one of the best hospitals in Gurgaon will remove some portions of the scar tissue.
- A graft or a piece of tissue is frequently sutured into place to overlay the holes present in the tunica albuginea.
- The graft tissue can be collected from your own body, a human or animal tissue, or a synthetic material.
- The procedure is usually employed in men with extreme severity in curvature or defect, for example, indentations.
- However, this procedure is accompanied by amplified risks of erectile function getting worsened when contrasted with the plication procedures.
- Penile implants
- Penile implants are surgically placed by means of insertion into the spongy tissue that inundates the blood vessels in your penis in the course of an erection.
- Sometimes, the implants are of semi-rigid type which can be manually bent downward or upward for facilitating sexual intercourse.
- Another type of penile implant involves its inflation with the help of a pump embedded in your scrotum.
- Penile implants are the most effective treatment option, given that you’ve got both Peyronie’s disease as well as erectile dysfunction.
- When the penile implant is put into place, the surgeon might take to performing extra procedures for correcting the curvature if required.
Urologists at Paras, the best hospital in Gurgaon specialize in the treatment of Peyronie’s disease after a careful evaluation of your condition. They formulate and implement a personalized treatment plan which may include medication, surgery, or physical therapy.Also See: Peyronies Disease, Penile Implants, Sexual Intercourse, Scar Tissue, Penis, Disease, Penile
Get Rid of Tattoo Naturally
Learn how to get rid of unwanted tattoo naturally that you've been regretting for a long time without risky, expensive, painful laser and abrasive procedures