Symptoms and treatment of rinderpest (Part Two)
Posted by beauty33 on December 19th, 2019
What are the clinical symptoms of rinderpest?
At the time of onset, the eyes were congested, the conjunctiva was red, the eyelids were swollen, and purulent secretions were left. The secretions gradually became viscous, and the nasal fluid was also colorless and gray, and accompanied by malodor. The nose is congested, the nose is dry, the fever is cracked, and there is a yellow suede. When it is peeled off, it will reveal the following erosion surface. The saliva is obviously increased and accompanied by air bubbles or bloodshot. Can rinderpest be passed on? It is understood that rinderpest is not a zoonotic disease, but relevant veterinary personnel should also take appropriate precautions when controlling it. Cattle are most susceptible to rinderpest virus, among which yak is the most susceptible, followed by yak and yak. Other animals such as goats, sheep, camels, deer and pigs can also develop disease. .
What should I do with the outbreak of calves? Why are there calves?
What to do if an outbreak of rinderpest occurs? 1. The epidemic situation should be reported immediately, and emergency and compulsory control and extinguishing measures should be taken. 2. Kill diseased animals and the same group of animals, and harmlessly dispose of animal carcasses. 3. Thoroughly disinfect the fence and the environment, destroy the pollutants, and completely eliminate the source of the disease. 4. Emergency vaccination in the threatened area to establish an immune belt. Why is rinderpest? Because the animals infected by rinderpest virus are the main source of infection, animal movement has become an important way for rinderpest to spread. Especially in Africa, the nomadic migration and the accumulation of animals in the water source areas are important factors in the transmission of rinderpest.
How is the rinderpest treated? What is the route of the rinderpest?
1. According to the actual situation, determine the size of the blockade. Under the conditions of large pastoral areas and large herds, it is required to achieve the purpose of controlling the epidemic and take care of the normal needs of people and animals. In the agricultural areas, it is generally enclosed by a small circle and surrounded by a large circle.
2. Set up a quarantine and disinfection stations on the traffic roads around the epidemic, prohibiting cattle from entering and leaving the infected area and stopping the transportation of livestock and livestock products from the infected areas to prevent the spread of the epidemic.
3. The diseased cattle in agricultural areas are mainly isolated by house feeding, and sometimes by circle. It is more difficult to strictly control the diseased cattle in pastoral areas, usually by small groups of isolation and grazing, and the pastoral workers are restricted by the herd.
4. The disinfection of barn and utensils can be adapted to local conditions, and strive to be economical and convenient, such as the use of 20% to 30% of fresh grass ash solution and 10% to 20% of lime milk.
5. Burn the dead carcasses of sick animals in high water or sandy land, and bury them in areas where fuel and labor are scarce.
6. In the early stage of the epidemic area, the diseased cattle and the cattle in contact with the diseased cattle were treated with anti-rinderpest serum, and then injected with vaccine after 14 ~ 21 days.
What is the route of transmission of rinderpest?
1. The main source of infection for plague is sick cattle.
2. Only the diseased cows with obvious symptoms are the source of infection, and the cows in the incubation period are equally dangerous.
3. The cows have a large amount of viruses, which can be discharged at any time and have the most urine content. Therefore, the natural infection of rinderpest is mostly caused by direct contact between healthy cattle and sick cattle.
4. Although the infection of rinderpest can be theoretically made from poisonous feed, drinking water, utensils and clothing.
What medicine is used for rinderpest?
1. Medication plan: Ox hoof (1000 kg / set), + cephalosporin (200 kg / set) + concanavalin (200 kg / set) + ground rice (8-10), muscle injection. Once a day for 2 days. If there is high fever, first use Xiaochaihu to cool down, while drinking water to add vitamin C, glucose for three days. Remember: pregnant cattle cannot add rice.
2. Use anti-sputum serum to treat the early diseased cattle in the affected area and the cattle in contact with the sick cattle. Is there any rinderpest? The disease has been stopped and it has rarely happened. A rinderpest vaccine can effectively prevent the disease. However, there are reports on the Internet that it is said that more than 100 buffaloes died in the villages in the Minbi Township of Kaibang, Myanmar. The locals believed that this was a calf disease, and the epidemic was the same. The local villagers were worried about this, in addition to causing economic losses. In addition, I am worried about whether it will become a zoonosis. There is no effective medicine for rinderpest treatment. At the beginning of the disease, a large amount of anti-bovine tumor serum bovine immunoglobulin (100-200 ml) + concanavalin can be used to receive the therapeutic effect. .
What types of rinderpest vaccines are there? How to use?
There are three types of rinderpest vaccines, which are rabbit rinderpest rabbit live vaccine, goat rinderpest rabbit live vaccine, rabbit rinderpest sheep rabbit live vaccine. Used for cattle in areas threatened by calves. In infected areas, healthy cattle should be vaccinated immediately with vaccines. There are many kinds of rinderpest vaccines. The commonly used rinderpest rabbit attenuated vaccine is suitable for all breeds except Korean cattle and yak. Regardless of the size of the cattle, intramuscular injection of 2mL, freeze-dried seedlings are used according to the method specified by the bottle, and immunity is produced 14 days after inoculation. The immunization period is more than one year. For cattle breeds such as Korean cattle and yak that are sensitive to rinderpest, attenuated vaccination vaccine can be used for rinderpest sheep, and immunized once every 1~2 years.
Like it? Share it!
About the Authorbeauty33
Joined: July 10th, 2017
Articles Posted: 283
More by this author