Reasons Your House Needs Winter Pest Control
Posted by smilehandyyblog on January 8th, 2020
One of the most accepted misconceptions about pests is that they leave us during the colder months. Though, stubborn pests such as bed bugs are active around the year. Besides, the winter season comes with its own set of pests and insects which make house pest control a challenge. Listed below are the four reasons as to why you require pest control for your house before or during winter.
- Carpenter ants and termites can make wooden firewood, walls, flooring, or decaying wood their nests. Look for insect channels or any different signs of their inhabitation. The chances are that you might not see any opportunities until these wood-destroying pests do extensive damage. Carpenter Abu Dhabi
- Rats and mice only need holes the size of a dime or tiny cracks to enter your house. These smart pests can gnaw on food containers, wooden beams, electrical wires, etc., and wreak havoc.
- Spiders can also make home and webs in fussy parts of your house. Some pests are stubborn and are hardwired to return to certain places. Therefore, removing egg cases, nests, and webs may aid in keeping these pests away from your house. Please get rid of all such reasons for them to return.
- Dormant insects are also a possible risk. Such pests hide in the basement or furniture during late fall and early winter to escape the frigid temperatures. Cluster flies, spiders, and some ladybugs remain dormant until spring and then find their way into your home as the heat turns warmer in your home.
Prevention Tips to Keep Pests Away During Winter Season
- Replace loose mortar and loose weather stripping around the windows and the basement foundation.
- Clean up the winter clutter. Keep storage areas well maintained and boxes at a clean and safe place.
- Check the places where pipes and utilities enter the house: seal holes and cracks around your home. A mouse, for instance, can open a hole, which is the size of a dime.
- Fire woods should be stored at least 20 feet away from your house. Ants and mice can make the woodpiles their nests and quickly gain entry into the house if the pile is nearby.
- Look for moisture sites such as leaking pipes or clogged drains. The bathrooms and kitchen are highly vulnerable areas to pests like cockroaches.
- Chimney vents should also be screened thoroughly. Spaces such as basements and attics should be kept dry and well ventilated.
- Repair damaged window screens and install door sweeps.
Even during the preparations for the festive season, you should be careful as the chances of pests entering your house through firewood, Christmas tree, and decorative items are high. Ask house pest control experts or look online for tips on preventing pests during winter or festive preparations. Expert pest control services are one of your best bet if you suspect a pest infestation in your house. They provide an integrated pest control approach to ensure that your house remains pest-free in all seasons.Also See: Pest Control, Winter Season, House Pest, Wreak Havoc, Pests, Pest, House