Common Mistakes During Hajj
Posted by Ady on January 13th, 2020
Although Hajj is an annual Ibadah, for some Muslims, Hajj is once in a lifetime opportunity. Most of the Pilgrims traveling to Makkah first time through their cheapest hajj packages 2020 don’t even know the proper way of performing Hajj Rituals. Since it is performed only at a specific time of the Islamic year, even Muslims who do hajj often can forget about the rules and regulations of Pilgrimage. Therefore, if you are going for Hajj for the very 1st time, here are some of the common mistakes to avoid;
In the State of Ihram.
- Purity before assuming the state of Ihram is compulsory; Ghusl or Wudhu. While Ghusl isn’t obligatory however a sunnah.
- One can change Ihram if it gets dirty.
- Pilgrims can also bathe but without the use of scented soaps. Although, bathing with water only is enough.
- Wearing any sort of fragrance is Haram.
- Men cannot cover their heads.
- Touching the black stone with your hands isn’t necessary. If sufficient room is not available, one should point its hand in its direction, recite Niyyah, kiss the hand and then start the Tawaf.
- Don’t touch walls of the Holy Kaabah but the Black Stone and Yemeni Corner.
- Only Men have to do Raml.
Women cannot cover their hands and face during Tawaf.
When performing Sayee of Safah and Marwah.
- You cannot climb to the mountain of Safah and Marwah.
- One can take a break(s) if tired.
- 1st round must begin from Safah towards Marwah.
- 7th round must end at Marwah
Halq; Shaving/Trimming of Hair.
- Men should shave their head completely (preferred). If one doesn’t want to shave completely, then he must trim the hair from all sides of his head.
- Women can only cut a fingertip’s length from their hair.
- Don’t shave/trim your beard.
At the time of Rami-al-Jamarat (Stoning of the Devil).
- The stones thrown at each pillar must exactly be 7, separately.
- Don’t clean/wash your stones.
- Never use curse words or throw anything at pillars other than stones.
- Rami should complete before the time of Zawal.
While Staying in Mina, Arafat, and Muzdalifah.
- Hazrat Muhammad (SAWW) would spend the day of 8th Dhul Hijjah in Mina. Sometimes, pilgrims skip this and move directly to Arafat.
- Never leave Arafat before the sunset.
- You cannot pray Maghrib in Arafat. Rather, pray it after reaching Muzdalifah combined with the Isha Salah.
- It is not permissible for pilgrims to fast on the day of Arafah.
- While staying In Mina, pilgrims are just allowed to shorten their prayer. But, do pray at the correct time.
In Farewell Tawaf (Tawaf Al-Wida).
- Don’t perform Sayee in Farewell Tawaf.
- Leave Makkah after the completion of farewell Tawaf. Otherwise, another tawaf is liable.
- Spend the nights of 10th and 11th of Dhul Hijjah in Mina.
These are some of the most common mistakes made by pilgrims during hajj. Also See: Farewell Tawaf, Common Mistakes, Lifetime Opportunity, Dhul Hijjah, Hajj, Tawaf, Pilgrims