How Is Bleeding Controlled And Treated During Placenta Previa?
Posted by vivek choudhary on January 16th, 2020
Placenta previa also referred to as a low-lying placenta comes into being with your placenta covering a portion of or the entire cervix during the final months of your pregnancy. This condition can lead to acute bleeding prior to or in the course of your labor.
- During pregnancy, the development of the placenta takes place inside a women’s uterus.
- The best obstetrician in Gurgaon says that the placenta helps by supplying food and oxygen to the developing fetus.
- It also helps in the removal of waste products from its blood.
- The placenta is also known as afterbirth since it remains within your body even after childbirth.
- With the advancement in your pregnancy, the placenta usually moves to the top portion of your uterus.
- If instead, the placental attachment happens in the lower part of your uterus, the setting can cover a part or the whole of your cervix.
- Thus, placenta previa is originated during which extensive bed rest is recommended by gynecologist doctors.
Treatment of placenta previa
- The nature of the treatment for placenta previa by the best gynecologist in Gurgaon will depend on the following factors.
o How much bleeding have you experienced
o How is the baby’s overall health?
o The precise month of your pregnancy
o The exact location of the baby in the placenta
- The amount of bleeding that you might have experienced is the doctor’s basic concern while making a decision on how to carry out the treatment of the condition.
- Minimal to no bleeding
- When placenta previa comes off with very little bleeding or no bleeding at all, your gynecologist doctor in Gurgaon will in most likelihood put a piece of advice for bed rest.
- This means lying on the bed as much as you can and standing or sitting only when it’s absolutely necessary.
- The doctor may also ask you to abstain from sex or exercise.
- If during this time bleeding takes place, it’s imperative that you look for emergency medical care.
- Heavy bleeding
- As far as heavy bleeding is concerned you may require bed rest at a pregnancy pain center in Gurgaon.
- Conditional on the amount of blood loss, the need for blood transfusion may be decided.
- Your doctor may also recommend medication to avert premature labor.
- For heavy bleeding instances, your doctor will most likely suggest a C-section that needs to planned quickly as it’s safe for your delivery, preferably once the 36th week of your pregnancy has elapsed.
- On the off chance, the schedule of a C-section needs to be made sooner, corticosteroid injections may be administered to your baby for accelerating the development of its lungs.
- Uncontrollable bleeding
- If you experience uncontrollable bleeding, the best lady gynecologist in Gurgaon may recommend immediate C-section surgery for getting the delivery done.
If, during the second half of your pregnancy, you experience any bleeding, seek help from your healthcare provider at Paras Bliss, the best hospital for normal delivery in Gurgaon.