Signs Your Office Could Benefit From Sexual Harassment Training
Posted by integritymatters on January 16th, 2020
Sexual harassment in the workplace is a serious offense. No one should be made to feel uncomfortable, but sometimes it's unclear what is and is not acceptable. If you're concerned your employees aren't entirely familiar with the anti-harassment policies, training can help clarify the law and your company's expectations on this sensitive issue.
Sexual harassment prevention training is designed to inform and protect employees from harmful situations. How do you know if prevention training could be beneficial for your workplace? You should strongly consider it if your company is facing any of the following problems:
* You've noticed employees making improper or hurtful comments of a sexist or sexual nature. Sexual harassment training is critical when your employees don't recognize proper workplace boundaries. With special training, workers are clearly taught the dos and don'ts of workplace interactions in order to provide everyone with a safe and comfortable work environment.
* You've heard employees complaining of an uncomfortable work environment. When workers aren't comfortable where they work, it shows in their productivity. Prevention training can help employees feel respected and secure in the workplace.
* Employees don't realize sexual harassment can constitute a number of behaviors. Harassment isn't always as flagrant as inappropriate touching or remarks. Sexual harassment can take the form of pregnancy discrimination or other types of discrimination based on gender.
* Employees don't understand that it hurts and affects everyone. When it comes to sexual harassment, the intended victim is not the only person harmed by the actions. Sexual harassment training will help workers understand how productivity is greatly reduced for everyone when they're forced to work in an uncomfortable and unsafe environment.
* Employees lack proper communication skills. Sometimes, sexual harassment is just a byproduct of not possessing appropriate communication skills. Prevention training teaches employees words and phrases which may be disrespectful and explains the acceptable way to speak and act in a business setting.
Prevention training is something everyone in the office can benefit from. Often, it occurs simply because employees are unfamiliar with policies and proper office etiquette. However, ignorance is not bliss, and it's important to be aware of one's actions and how they affect others.
For more info visit here: prevention of sexual harassment
Through the help of prevention training, employees can start to see themselves as part of a team in which every person is a valuable member and deserves the utmost respect. Any type of business can benefit from sexual harassment training - sign your office up today to create a more respectful and cohesive workplace.
Quality Office Furniture USA Shipped Direct - Madison Liquidators
Nationwide vendor of quality office furnishings including Desks, Office Chairs, Conference Tables, Cubicles and more!