How to get insurance to pay for water damage

Posted by Ralph H. Woods on February 1st, 2020

Water damage is one of the worst things that can happen to your home. Water is the most destructive force. If your house has been flooded because of torrential rains or burst pipes, you need to respond to it immediately. Getting the water out is your most pressing concern. You will then need to repair the damage. To do so, you will need the help of your insurance company.

This is not as easy or as straight forward as it may seem. Insurance companies do not exist to help their clients; they exist to enrich their shareholders. The main aim of an insurance claims adjustor is to find a reason to turn down a claim or to minimize the amount of money owed to the claimant. A range of reasons and excuses can be invoked to reject your claim—especially if it is for water damage.

water damage insurance claims are some of the most contentious because the insurance company can always argue that the homeowner is at fault for the damage. That is why you should approach your claim with the utmost rigor and thoroughness. Your first move should be to hire a public adjuster. Such professionals are independent of the insurance industry and known how to get insurance to pay for water damage. They will know the steps that are needed to get your insurance company to reimburse you properly for water damage.

The public adjuster will come to your home to see for themselves the damage done to your home. They will be on the lookout for certain signs. Dark stains on the walls and ceiling are the most common indication of water damage. There will also be a musty smell in the affected area. You will also notice sagging spots in the floor and rust on the hot water heater. The musty smell is especially problematic because it will affect your quality of life. It is also an indication that the water damage in your home may lead to the growth of mold. The latter can lead to further material problems with your house and health issues for your family.

If you have noticed any of the above signs, then you should contact a public adjuster. You will need them to see the damage for themselves and to document it. The expert who comes to your home will be sure to thoroughly inspect your property. They will then do what is necessary to get you proper reimbursement from your water damage claim.

You must act quickly to make all this happen. The insurance company has a method and system for denying insurance claims. You must be a foil for their designs by calling an independent assessor. It is the only way that you can get the money you need to repair the damage done to your house.

You must work with the right company to get the results you need. The public adjuster you work with should have the experience, insight, and expertise to help you get fair compensation.

Ralph H. Woods

About the Author

Ralph H. Woods
Joined: February 1st, 2020
Articles Posted: 1

Cointiply Bitcoin Faucet - Earn Free Bitcoin
Earn free Bitcoin from the best Bitcoin faucet & rewards platform. Complete offers & surveys, watch videos & play games to earn even more Bitcoin.
Get free ZEN through the Horizen faucet. Our faucet is a great way to receive free rewards and begin your journey into the world of cryptocurrency. Start earning now.
KRYPTO KLUB is a Cryptocurrency Club for Blockchain Beginners to the Most Advanced Cryptocurrency Day Traders. Hangout with Trusted KKC Members, Find Safe Crypto Fun, Crypto News and Information in KRYPTO CLUB! KRYPTO KLUB is The Most Bad Ass Crypto Club
Crypto Casino Games - The 16 Best Bitcoin Gambling Games (BC) offers the best crypto casino games and gambling games. Supports BTC, BTC-LN, ETH, DOG,EOS, TRX, XMR, LTC, XRP, TRTL, and SERO. Fast payouts, provably fair provably, and free coins.
Uhive A New Era of Social Networking
Introduces a new dimension to the world of decentralized social media based on crypto!
BitKong: Fairest and most thrilling Bitcoin casino on the market
Win serious funds fast when you stack the BitKong bonus combo, cash in on the referral program, or hit the massive jackpot then walk away with your life changed.