No longer just for deep thought: Toilets get a high-tech makeover

Posted by aihw on February 14th, 2020

Simple ceramics and arguments about whether the toilet seat is up or down have passed.

Toilet manufacturers are going highertech.

The latest bathroom invention was exhibited at a trade fair in Frankfurt, Germany.

Nowadays, the toilet has become more like a spa experience if the manufacturer wishes.

Encourage consumers to seriously consider their personal health

When it comes to their private time in the bathroom.

Exhibit A: toilet shower.

While this may be an awkward topic for some Western readers, the reality is a mix of shower toilets, toilets and old toilets --

The traditional bidet has long been a standard in Japan.

After doing dirty behavior, consumers can wash the bottom by controlling the direction, intensity, temperature and even the type of massage of the water flow.

You can save the settings to your own user profile.

Once it\'s all done, it will even dry the bottom for you.

These innovations are being pushed slowly but surely to Europe.

Dennis Yeger, editor of the German trade magazine SBZ, said: \"The shower toilet is selling crazy . \".

It helped build Europe-stylemodels.

Toilets in Asia are often larger than in Europe.

Their technology is also more advanced, offering something that has never sold well in Europe, such as emusic and color backlight.

But European manufacturers are now experimenting with the less conspicuous shower toilet model in which the technical upgrade is hidden from the view inside the toilet.

Faucets and dryers are no longer automatic: only work when needed.

\"It\'s New. it\'s important.

\"This technology is hidden,\" said Frank Richter, chief executive of dulavit . \"

Richter believes that washing is much more hygienic than toilet paper.

He compares his hands with yours.

\"How good can you wipe your hands with paper towels?

It works better with water.

\"An obstacle for interested consumers is the shower toilet, also known as the restroom, which requires extra water, sometimes even an electrical connection to the bathroom.

In this era, of course, all these new inventions can be controlled by remote controls, even smartphones.

\"Naturally, people will ask if they really need a smartphone to go to the bathroom,\" said Duravit\'s Richter . \".

But he points out that most people go to the bathroom with their smartphones instead of newspapers anyway.

Why not?

The toilet design has also been upgraded.

Now, many toilets no longer need to press a lever or a big button, but rather flush themselves or use motion sensors like they do in a public restroom.

Nowadays, environmental protection and water saving settings are also standard configurations.

In addition, many modern toilets can suck out bad air by pressing a button and provide night lights for going to the bathroom at night, automatically turn the toilet seat on and off-ending the argument that has plagued so many couples.

But hygiene has always been the most worrying issue for many manufacturers: some toilets provide sensors to let owners know when they need to be disassembled, while others include-

Bacteria water rinse and others still use antibacterial finishing to prevent bacteria and bacteria.

Modern toilets are also cleaner, flush technology does not overspray and does not flush, bacteria and bacteria can be collected at the edge of flush (

Or do extra smoothing with the same result).

Last but not least, the toilet siphon can be widened to raise the water level and reduce stains. Other high-

Technical ideas are still in the conceptual phase: some manufacturers are working on techniques that allow toilets to complete urine analysis to warn consumers about health risks.

Finally, one idea to save the world is: Laufen has launched a toilet that can separate urine from water and reuse both.

The company said that 90% of the water can return to normal circulation, while the remaining 10% is composed of nitrogen and phosphorus, which are nutrients in urine and can provide better services.

In fact, it has been licensed for use in Switzerland.

Like it? Share it!


About the Author

Joined: June 6th, 2019
Articles Posted: 188

More by this author