Horse Riding Tips For Beginners
Posted by rockmartin on February 27th, 2020
There is nothing preferable to do than lay in your couch watching cable television throughout the holidays. But hold out; there is something considerably better to do than that. What about taking your vacations sensibly and trying out the euphoric pleasures? Another trend that has become well-known now could be Horse riding.
Best Tips For Beginners
Learning how to ride a gaited horse is great for all kinds of people, whether old or young, simply because it’s an exciting sport to get involved in. Also, it is a perfect way to learn anew skill, gain confidence, and meet new people.
However, for a novice, it's often difficult to know where to start; hence, here are 7 top horse riding tips for beginners:
1. One thing that many beginners should realize is approaching their horses with care, and you can do this by contacting the horse from the side near their shoulder; by doing that, the horse will see you and won't need to startle.
2. Establishing an ideal riding position is a key to riding correctly; therefore, beginners should learn to keep their heels down to keep them secure, in case the horse stops abruptly. On that note, they should also keep their shoulders back, back straight and elbows at their sides.
3. Mounting and dismounting the gaited horse can be difficult for beginners; therefore, to avoid any unnecessary strain on your back, you should use a mounting block. Moreover, when dismounting, make sure someone holds the horse still to aid you and make sure that you land on bended knees to absorb the shock of jumping to the ground.
4. The next tip for beginners is to maintain proper balance when riding, this is something that develops with time, but by sitting correctly, you will find it much easier to balance with the saddle.
5. It is ignorable, but one of the main rules that new riders need to follow is keeping their eyes up, this serves for the safety of both you and the horse.
6. Grasping proper control over the horse is a necessity for any novice rider, this is where you make sure that you are holding the reins correctly at all times.
7. Finally, it is essential to wear the appropriate apparel while riding, which includes wearing a helmet at all times, a professional riding boost with a small heel, jodhpurs, and a jacket. Besides, wearing gloves can help you get your grip on the reins, and reflective clothes are necessary when riding in reduced light.
The above tips for beginners are at their most just basics; therefore, you can always enlist the help of a professional trainer whenever you are looking at taking up riding.
Like it? Share it!
About the Authorrockmartin
Joined: January 24th, 2020
Articles Posted: 199
More by this author