Thank God For the New Self Cleaning Litter Box!
Posted by beauty33 on February 28th, 2020
An automatic self cleaning litter box is another amazing innovation of our times. It was created because many people do not enjoy cleaning this cat item themselves. The definition of a self cleaning litter box is one that is capable of at least partially maintaining itself. This has a distinctive advantage for owners owning multiple cats.
These devices have gained popularity since they have been introduced into market. They have made the pet owner's life a bit easy. There are quite a few models available in the market all with the same function of ability to maintain themselves, but the more famous models are:
1. Litter maid.
2. Litter robot.
3. Flushing options.
We shall look into how each self cleaning litter box works:
1. Litter maid: this has been a successful model mainly because of the simplicity of work and also the price, which is less than the other two. Litter maid works by using a scanner indicate when the cat gets in and out of the litter after 10 minutes a rake sweeps through the where your cat went and cleans the cats waste into an air tight container.
2. Litter robot: This is slightly expensive. The mechanism of work is quite simple; it uses a globe that rotates and it sifts the litter and drops them into waste receiver that is kept in the bottom. The sifts look like a sieve. This method is very useful, as it does not allow jamming as seen in the rake cleaning the litter box.
3. Flushing Litter box: It has a connectors from the litter box that are to be connected to water line and a drain line which can kept to your wash drain.The mechanism is simple an infrared light gives a signal and when the cat leaves the litter, it flushes itself and cleans itself. This is the best model available, but is too costly.
A self cleaning litter box provides certain advantages like:
1. Free the owners from scooping up the cat poop.
2. Because of self cleaning there is no bad aroma that lingers on while ordinary litters are used.
3. It reduces the work load, as the waste containers are usually big enough it takes once in a week to clean them.
4. This is very useful if you are going out leaving the cats at home.
However each model has its own disadvantage:
1. Cost of any self cleaning litter is too high compared to ordinary litter boxes.
2. Models like litter maid which uses rake to clean the cat waste always gets jammed and this requires removing of the waste by scooping out.
3. A model like self flushing requires a constant water supply.
4. Replacing the litter could be costly affair.
Where to buy these devices?
All self cleaning litters are available in all pet shops. You can choose the one that suits your budget and your need. One can also order any type of self cleaning litter from the Internet and enjoy the freedom from cleaning your litter every day.
Like it? Share it!
About the Authorbeauty33
Joined: July 10th, 2017
Articles Posted: 283
More by this author