The 8 Marketing Trends You Need to Know for 2020
Posted by Colleen Cormier on March 14th, 2020
Digital marketing has become one of the fastest ways to grow a business. Whether you’re just starting or looking for new ideas, we’ve compiled the top 8 new marketing trends for credit unions to focus on in 2020.
- Interactive Content
- Interactivity is a new concept and stands out.
- Visitors will stay on your page longer.
- This content is much more shareable.
- Interactivity is more engaging and enjoyable for users.
- Smart Bidding on Google Ads
- Optimize bids with machine learning.
- Choose campaign-level conversion action.
- Automatically change your bids in reaction to changes in sales.
- Choose conversion actions to optimize your bids in multiple campaigns.
- Augmented and Virtual Reality
- VR (virtual reality) and AR (augmented reality) continue to be extremely popular trends.
- AR is expected to surpass VR in the upcoming year.
- Shoppable Posts
- Social media is already a huge marketing hub, and users now are using it to shop online.
- Approximately 72% of Instagram users have bought something through the app.
- Most social media platforms offer ways to create and post shoppable posts.
- Research suggests that 90% of consumers find personalized marketing and service more appealing.
- 80% of that consumer base reported they’d rather use a business with personalized service.
- Segmented email lists allow for more personalized blasts and typically perform better than generic emails.
- Live Videos
- Live videos have proven to be three times as effective in viewer retention on both Instagram and Facebook than pre-recorded ones.
- The watch time for Facebook Live videos quadrupled last year and have six times as many interactions as recorded videos.
- Marketing Content
- High-quality content continues to be crucial to successful campaigns.
- Your ad content is the only thing online viewers initially see about your business in search engines.
- Position one through three on SERP
- In the past, being on page one in SERP (Search Engine Result Pages) was the goal, but now businesses should be aiming for position one through three, considered above the fold (where results are seen without having to scroll down).
- Zero is the prime search result position, and frequently searchers may only view it off the results.
Willingness to adapt in marketing strategy is a key strength for any credit union to attract and retain members. Along with these tips, many of the significant marketing trends from last year will also continue into the New Year.
On The Mark Strategies is a team of trailblazers guiding financial institutions in the areas of speaking, branding, strategic planning and marketing services. Technically, they are a consulting firm, but their clients prefer to think of them as trail guides. Their experience as former credit union employees, combined with the customized programs they create in-house, enable them to lead financial institutions through the great unknown. On The Mark Strategies stands ready to guide financial institutions looking to chart a new course or navigating their current path.