What is the difference between medical surgical mask and medical nursing mask?
Posted by yunyingjj09 on March 18th, 2020
As it is, many people wear masks when they travel, but the most commonly used masks are surgical masks, although many people do not know the difference between surgical masks and surgical nursing masks.
The main differences between medical and surgical masks are as follows:
One, the role is different
1. Surgical mask: it has a strong resistance to bacteria and viruses, and can also be used to prevent the spread of influenza and respiratory diseases.
2. Ordinary surgical mask: it is a kind of textile for medical protection, with the functions of resisting liquid, filtering particles and bacteria.
Two, the processing method is different
1. Medical surgical mask: medical surgical mask is usually made of masks, formalizing parts, bands and other components. It is generally made of nonwoven materials and plays an isolation role through filtration.
2. General surgical mask: surgical mask is usually made of one or more layers of nonwoven fabric, and the main production processes include melt spraying, spunbond, hot air or acupuncture.
Three, the composition structure characteristic is different
1. Surgical mask: usually made of nonwoven materials, including filter layer, mask belt and nose clip. The standard surgical mask is divided into three layers. The outer layer has the function of blocking water to prevent droplets from entering the mask. The middle layer has filtering effect, can block >90% of 5 m particles; The inner layer near the muzzle is used to absorb moisture.
2, the common surgical masks, surgical masks consists of mask body and tighten belt, which masks face body is divided into inner, middle and outer layer, inner layer for close skin material (common health gauze or non-woven), middle to isolate filter layer (superfine melt-blown polypropylene fibre material layer), outer layer material for special antibacterial layer (non-woven or ultrathin polypropylene melt-blown material layer).
The correct way to choose a surgical mask
If you are going to a public place and not in contact with a patient, wear a surgical mask that is adequate and not overly protective, but if you are in contact with a patient, wear an anti-biological N95 mask.
When wearing surgical masks, the appropriate level type should be selected according to the transmission type and risk of pollutants, not too high or too low. Although the medical respirator with high level of protection has better protective effect, it also has higher respiratory resistance due to its high filter material level and good tightness. Wearing it for a long time will increase the respiratory burden and cause discomfort such as dyspnea.
Medical surgical masks and medical protective masks can block the pollution caused by the spillage of blood and body fluids. However, if it is really necessary to block the pollution of particulate matter and pathogenic microorganisms in the air, please choose to wear a medical protective mask.Also See: Surgical Mask, Surgical Masks, Medical Surgical, Outer Layer, Surgical, Medical, Masks
How to Read Music Notes for Beginners and Children
How your child can read music notes easily and quickly - with the help of a gang of cartoon characters with hilarious voices. Multimedia ebook with flash cards and games for follow-up practice.