Import PST to Office 365 OWA to perform Office 365 PST Migration
Posted by ShikhaLal on March 31st, 2020
Microsoft Outlook PST file is a desktop-based and Office 365 is a cloud platform. You all are very much aware that there are many benefits of the cloud environment. Here, I am going to discuss the need to upload PST to Office 365 and challenges people usually face while uploading PST file to Office using the Network Upload Method. I am also going to let you know the best solution to import PST to Office 365 OWA.
Need of PST to Office 365 Migration
- To minimize the space in Outlook and Office 365 provides unlimited storage space than MS Outlook.
- To keep the PST file more secure as Office 365 platform or the cloud environment is safer than On-Premise platforms.
- Organizational switch to Exchange Online from other On-Premise Outlook PST files.
Challenges faced in importing PST file to Office 365 using Manual Process
- Lengthy steps of uploading the PST file to Office 365 account takes a lot of effort and time.
- The time of the migration process depends upon the number and the size of the PST file.
- The upload solution not for the regions of the world therefore, more the requirement of the software to these places.
- Need for extra permissions before starting PST migration to Office 365 using Network Upload Method.
- Limitation in the size of the PST file and the PST attachments and skips those large size data during Office 365 Import PST service.
Get the detailed information on the Network Upload Method: https://ezcloudinfo.com/2018/09/18/bulk-import-local-pst-files-to-office-365-mailboxes/
How to overcome the challenges of Office 365 Import PST service?
To reduce these challenges many organizations come up with their own developed products or the third-party application to upload PST file to Office 365 mailbox. You can use solutions like MailsDaddy PST to Office 365 Migration Tool, A2Z Migration for PST to Office 365, etc.
Steps to import PST file to Office 365 Online Archive Mailbox
- Get the MailsDaddy PST to Office 365 Migration Tool and install it in Windows Operating System of any edition.
- As the software opens, you can find a few options on the above side of the software. You need to click on Add File to get the small windows from where to can add PST.
- Choose the option to browse and add the Outlook PST file. It means either you can hit the plus sign or the search to find PST stored in your device. Now, proceed with the process clicking on the Scan button and then OK.
- The tool inserts the PST file and prepares itself to preview the Outlook PST file. Once it gets completely previewed, you can see all the PST items and attachments in each mailbox.
- Now, click on the Export button and select export option Office 365. Also, choose other valuable options like Exchange Online mailbox and hit the Next button.
- A validation window appears, provide Office 365 details and sign-in to Exchange Online account. As you hit the sign-in button, the migration process starts and import PST file to Office 365.
Final Verdict: I hope from my blog you have clearly understand, why many people or organizations choose Office 365 PST migration software to import PST to Office 365 OWA account.