Measures To Help The Poor During Lockdown In India
Posted by shubmaha on April 7th, 2020
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that India will go into complete lockdown for 21 days it came as a shock to everyone. But seeing how this deadly coronavirus is spreading everyone appreciated his decision. All have been affected by this lockdown but those who have been affected the most are the daily wagers. However, taking them and the poor section into consideration the Indian Government has come up with some measures to help the poor during lockdown in India.Also See: Three Months, State Governments, Poor Section, Make Things, Poor, India, Lockdown
What are these measures ?
• A relief of Rs 1.7 lakh crore was announced for immediate help towards the daily wagers and the poor section of the society.
• Through the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Scheme almost 80 Crore poor people will receive cash transfer and food.
• All of them will be provided with free 5 kg of rice or wheat and a kg of pulse for the coming three months.
• Farmers will be given some amount of cash under the scheme PM-KISAN.
• Wages under MGNREGA will receive a hike in the amount, almost additional Rs 2000 will be given to every worker.
• The women with Jan Dhan accounts will get an ex-gratia amount of Rs 500 for the next three months.
• Women under Ujjwala Scheme will get free gas cylinders for the coming three months.
• Provident fund contributions will be paid by the government to the employer and employees of the companies which have upto 100 employees with 90% of them earning less than Rs 15000 per month.
• State governments have been asked to utilise Rs 31000 crore under the Building and Other Construction Workers Fund to support the construction workers.
• Medical Insurance of Rs 50 lakh will be provided to the front-liners,i.e the doctors,nurses,paramedical staff,sanitation and ancillary workers.
• The central government has also asked the state governments to use the money in the district mineral welfare fund for medical testing and screening.
To know more details: Measures To Help The Poor During Lockdown In India
NRIGO is an online information portal providing basic and important information to the Indians outside India or anyone who has some doubts regarding any procedures, documentation, investment, travel, shopping, etc in India.
We at NRIGO, try our best to make things simple. All the articles which are posted are written in very simple English for everyone to understand. The articles related to any topic are verified before publishing to avoid any kind of confusion. In order to make things more convenient, links, contact numbers and addresses are also given of the mentioned organization or person so that you don't have to go through the hassle of finding the contacts.
Some of our commonly read articles on our site are - Importing Car to India, How To Rent A Car In India, How To Apply For OCI Card, Getting Indian Passport for a NewBorn, Indian Websites Which Ship International, Top 7 Wedding Planners In India, Top 8 International Schools In India and many more.
One can find a variety of topics related to India at NRIGO. Our Team tries to deliver its 100% in providing all the information about a topic and in addition to it in our comment box anyone can write down his doubts or questions which we assure to clarify in minimal time with maximum and relevant information.
We try to cover almost every aspect of doubt which we feel an outsider can have regarding certain things in India. However, we really appreciate any kind of suggestions or feedback from our users so that we can help them in a better way.
Enjoy reading our blogs and keep yourself updated regarding various topics in India.