Importance of Local SEO for Small Business
Posted by loreen on April 27th, 2020
Everybody is much aware of local SEO being one of the most important factors of digital marketing. Before delving into the same, one needs to be clear on how local SEO works and how it impacts businesses.
Here you will acquire a clear idea of why Local SEO For Small Business works as a dominant position in online marketing, helping your business to scale up.
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO promotes your business visibility on location-based searches. It has a variation on the different segment of SEO. It is aimed for making sure the business be found online by people for that locality.
Furthermore, it includes GEO qualifiers like the city, state, zip code, etc., and ‘near me’ searches, where Google picks up the geo-location of the person and offers search results from the area.
Why is it important for small businesses?
- Local SEO Plans is highly important for small businesses to grow step by step. 70% of mobile users click to call a business directly from Google search results. Leads will be acquired location-based wise for a major avenue for potential customers.
- Local SEO will help your business appear in Google's local 3-pack which is one of the most coveted spots when it comes to search engine page ranking. Google's SERP is responded to local searches by showcasing the 7 most popular businesses.
- Known as the local 7-pack, it features the addresses, phone numbers and direction links to each of those businesses. Browsing factor evolved through smartphones. Google reduced its 7-pack to 3 for an enhanced experience.
The Basics Of Local SEO
- The first thing that you need to understand is SEO is for location-based searches. That means a physical address or location is a prerequisite for a business to fetch information on the local search results.
- Your business needs to be updated in Google My Business and other online directories. You can search for the same with the relevant keywords.
- The next thing needed for the local SEO for small business is to ensure the NAP (Name, Address, and Phone number). You can even opt for tools like Synup to avoid the hassle of manually updating every directory.
- Another way is through citations. Citation is mainly a third party website listing your business as a point of reference. This contains your business' name, location and contact info.
- Google will also involve the number of reviews as per the ranking of local businesses.
How Does Local SEO Impact Your Business?
- Local SEO helps potential customers discover your business. Even if your business does not have a website, local SEO will help your business stand out in the local Searches and drive good traffic through online leads.
- Local SEO further helps driving people's decision in favour of your business. The more data you have of your business, your business becomes more trustworthy. This lays a strong foundation on you creating a mutually beneficial customer relationship.
Now that you have a clear idea of how local SEO for business works, you will be able to manage the online presence better and create your client base with the functional process. Adding an SEO company to your marketing team will help in the boosting of your local SEO as well as increase your organic search engine rankings for your site and over your competitors. Also See: Local Seo, Location Based, Small Business, Search Results, Seo, Local, Business
Turn Your Hobby Into A Business
Whether you want a full time income, or are just trying to supplement your income with a side hustle, now is your chance to turn your hobby into a business!