Whatever the reason, Office 365 as well as office.com/setup mac, and older versions include settings to quickly encrypt a document using a password.
In this Windows 10 guide, we walk you through the steps to protect an Office document using a password. In addition, we' also outline the steps to remove the password protection as necessary.
1. How to set a password for an Office document
2. How to remove a password from an office.com/setup document
3. To add an encryption password to Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, use these steps:
Open the Word (Excel or PowerPoint) document.
1. Click on File.
2. Click on Info.
On the right side, click the Protect document menu.
In Excel, the option will appear as "Protect Workbook," and in PowerPoint, it'll be displayed as "Protect presentation."
1. Select the Encrypt with Password option
2. Once you complete these steps, every time you open the document, you'll be prompted to enter a password to decrypt its contents.
When setting up a password for an Excel, PowerPoint, or [url=https://officecommsoffice.com/how-to-password-protect-a-word-document/]www.office.com/setup[/url] Word document, consider that without a password it'll be virtually impossible to open the document, so make sure to keep the password in a safe place.