Describing a shopping center
Posted by Mords1944 on June 16th, 2020
A shopping center, mall, shopping complex, shopping arcade, or simply shopping center is defined as one or more buildings that form a complex of stores representing merchants, which have interconnected hallways that allow visitors to easily walk between different units, along with a parking area. Therefore, it can be simply defined as a modern interior version of a traditional market.
The term "shopping center" is mainly used in Europe, South America and Australia. In Hong Kong, the term frequently used is the same, but may also contain words like "square". However, in North America and the Philippines, the common term used is "shopping center". There are places where other terms are used to describe basically the same thing, like "shopping arcade" or "shopping precinct".
How did the mall appear?
Shopping malls matched the rise of suburban life in many parts of the western world after World War II, especially in the United States. Modern shopping malls have been developed since the 1920s. The design had a tendency to look inward from the beginning, where malls would follow theories of how they could attract customers in a controlled environment. Similarly, the concept of having one or more large stores in a shopping center was pioneering from the beginning, considering that other smaller-scale chain stores or individual stores would benefit from shoppers who are attracted to large stores. .
Types of shopping centers
There are some different types of centers, depending on their size and location.
1. Regional: A regional mall is a mall designed to service a large area (15 miles), larger than a conventional mall. Therefore, it can range from 400,000 square feet to 800,000 square feet. It also has at least two large stores and has to offer a wide selection of stores. The tendency of those shopping malls to have high-end stores, which need a larger area to have profitable services, and may also have discount department stores. In vacation areas, these shopping malls are often tourist attractions.
2. Super regional: This is a shopping center with more than 800,000 square feet of gross leasable area, probably 3 or more large stores, more variety, mass merchandise and fashionable clothing. This type of mall is generally the dominant shopping spot in the region where it is located.
3. Outlet: This is a type of shopping center where manufacturers can sell their products through their own stores directly to the public. Some stores may be operated by retailers, which mostly sell discontinued or returned products, and are therefore priced very low.
Components of a shopping center.
1. Food Court: Usually consists of several fast food vendors surrounding a shared seating area.
2. Department stores: They exist to attract retail traffic, which makes people also visit the smaller stores. Physically, those anchor stores are located as far ที่พักบุรีรัมย์ from each other as possible, to maximize the amount of traffic between them.
3. Independent stores: they consist of satellite buildings, generally located in the same area of land or nearby. Those stores may or may not be in a legal connection to the central facility through properties or contracts. They can use common parking lots or have their own. However, those stores and the mall are generally perceived as a single unit.
Regardless of what they are like, today we could hardly imagine our world without shopping malls.
About the AuthorMords1944
Joined: September 4th, 2018
Articles Posted: 4,964
Lolli: Earn Free Bitcoin When You Shop Online!
Lolli is a rewards application that gives you bitcoin for shopping at your favorite online stores.
Harp N' Guitar
Learn To Play Harmonica and Guitar. Choose your membership option including Free, Monthly, and Lifetime. Online video lessons available anytime, anywhere.
CryptoBits - Welcome to the World of Crypto!
Explore the world of Crypto and learn to invest and earn, play games and become a part of the decentralized world today!
Video Surgeon for Guitarists
Jumpstart Your Guitar Playing By 614% By Using What The Pros Use It'll Quickly Become Your Go-To Learning Tool
The Most Comprehensive On-line Ventriloquism Course Ever Created. 36 Time Released Lessons That Consist Of Videos, Written Instruction, Homework And Practice Sessions, Presented By A Professional Ventriloquist!
Guitar On the Spot
Are you frustrated with learning how to play the guitar? I was too until I discovered the secret that you'll learn on this website.