The many benefits of cork flooring
Posted by juliabennet on February 26th, 2014
Even though the current generation is waking to the innumerable benefits brought by cork flooring, cork with its bundle of uses has been in existence since years. Just as bamboo flooring has flourished in flooring options, cork has just added itself in the list. A cork floor in the house easily blends itself with several other decorations and furniture designs. Its impact is immense for the variety of colors it is available in. Perhaps the best thing that attracts customers is its significant role in not adding to the deforestation levels. Cork is the material peeled from the bark without causing any damage to the tee itself. Invest on it to spruce up your home décor.
If one takes the effort of exploring the material called cork, it will simply be an amazing one to know its specialty. Perhaps looking below will provide one an idea about the benefits of using cork flooring:
• Comfort and softness: A typical natural material is cork that can actually compress itself to half its size, without distorting itself. The cellular structure traps air inside providing a natural shock feel to floors. The softness that is imparted to the legs and back is simply extraordinary. For children, nothing can be a safer floor than this.
• Toughness and resilience: In spite of its durability quotient, cork has a substance called ‘Suberin’ that makes it friction-free. Such is the impact that cork never rots. This is one of the primary reasons why wood, laminates or tiles are affected much earlier to cork.
• Moisture resistance: Because of Suberin, cork floors are impervious to liquids and gases.
• Noise reduction: Nothing can beat cork when it comes to absorption of sound. If you are keen on controlling the noise factor in your room, or provide ease to your neighbors’, invest on cork materials to minimize sounds.
• Insulation properties: As stressed earlier, the cellular pockets of cork trap in air, causing it to be a poor sound conductor. This property helps in keeping a room warm when winter and cool during the summer months.
• Hypoallergenic: The natural properties of cork make it a healthy option for users. For those who are allergic to irritants, a cork floor does not contain any harmful chemicals. It is a completely natural product. The plus point is that it is germ resistant too, thus not attracting microbes or the common termites. Once again, it is an ideal choice for children.
• Ease in maintenance: Cork was initially used in churches before being installed in domestic applications. This is largely because of durability factors. With a wide range of colors, textures and patterns, cork floors can be easily cleaned using a mop or rag. These days, cork mixed with rubber offers a special texture to the floors. You can make your choice from the varied vibrant shades according to your taste.
In the contemporary market, cork flooring solutions focuses on creating a safe environment. It will not be long that the material will soon take over other flooring options in the near future.
Do you plan on doing your house with cork flooring materials? We are a leading distributor procuring you cork floor at some of the most attractive rates.