What Type of Payment Gateway Should a B2B Business Consider?
Posted by Dane Bronson on November 20th, 2020
A B2B Company Should Look for a Specialized Merchant Account!
There are many differences between a B2C company and a B2B one. And they extend even in the payment processing field. So, if your company has other businesses as clients, then you should look for a payment processing partner that provides you with a specialized merchant account and payment gateway. Several features must be specialized for B2B companies like yours.
• Credit card processing methods. You need to know that there are different processing methods that corporations and government agencies can use. They are named level 2 and 3 processing alternatives. The difference between level 1 processing and the other alternatives is the transaction costs that you will have to pay. So, if your clients are other businesses and corporations, then it is a much better alternative for you to use the level 3 processing alternative.
• Integrations specialized for B2B. A payment processing company that wants to attract businesses like you must provide features and services that will bring you the best possible benefits. So, you need to ensure that the integrations provided by the payment processor are made for B2B or that they bring benefits to your company regardless. It would be your loss if you chose a partner that does not have any integrations that will help your company.
• Dedicated payment gateway. A large majority of the B2B businesses provide recurring services. So, one of the most popular methods that can be used is the subscription-based payment method. If your company is in a similar situation, then it is in your best interest to use this method as well. Also, most payment processors that provide services to B2B companies like yours understand this need and provide you with methods to cover it.
Benefits That You Can Expect from a B2B Merchant Account!
Now you know the features and expectations that you should have from a payment processing company. So, it is time to find out the exact benefits that your company will get from a B2B merchant account . There are many smaller benefits, but the 3 essential ones are:
• Reduced costs. There are 2 main methods through which the costs of your company will be reduced. The first one is due to level 2 and 3 processing. As mentioned above, a reliable partner must provide you with this alternative. But they must also automate the processing method. Otherwise, if you need to do it manually, then you will have to spend some extra time every time. The second method through which you can reduce the costs is through the recurring payment method of the payment gateway. You will only have transaction costs on the first payment, while the recurring ones will be much lower or non-existent.
• Increased business efficiency. The second benefit that you can expect is a massive increase in the efficiency of your company. Keep in mind that a payment processor will provide you with other features as well. For example, you can expect reporting and analytics features that will provide you all the information that you will need about the finances of the company. You can make use of this information to increase the efficiency of your business and make essential decisions for the future of the company.
• Increased revenue. And the third benefit is an increase in the revenue of the company. The main method through which that will happen is the recurring payment method. The more time your clients use your services, the harder it will be for them to get rid of the subscription. And this also means that the relationship between your clients and your company will increase. So, the revenue will follow the trend and increase as well.
How to Find the Best Payment Gateway for Your Company?
By now, you should understand that it is essential to look for a payment gateway that provides services and features for B2B companies like yours. But if you want to find the best possible merchant account, then it will not be very easy to do so. But if you follow 3 simple steps and invest some time and serosity, then you will succeed in the end.
• Make a list with all the alternatives. The first thing that you have to do is to make a list of all the potential payment processors that you can find on the market. One of the best methods that you can use is the internet. You can search for all the available options that you have and make a list with them. Do not worry, and try to make a list as big as possible. The bigger it will be in the end, the higher your chances to find the best partner. So, take this task seriously, and do not stop until you are sure that you will find what you are looking for.
• Check the benefits that each of them offers. The needs of every company differ from one to another. So, even if the core services of a payment processor are needed by all B2B companies, but the other needs may not be covered. For this reason, you will need to spend some time and effort and check all the agencies on the list. You need to find the top ones that can cover as many needs of your company as possible. You can either check your options and pick the best ones. Or, you can make a list with your company list and try to find the alternatives that can cover all of them.
• Test the top software before you start a long-term collaboration. Now that you have 2 or 3 options that are much better than the others, you should test them before you choose to have a long-term collaboration. Keep in mind that the software can be a better alternative for your company, even if it is not the one with the most features. So, make sure to use the free trials before you make your choice.