All You Need To Know About Porcelain Crowns
Posted by ridgetopdental on April 16th, 2014
Losing adult teeth is a very traumatizing experience. It not just affects your appearance but also affects your self esteem. Dental crowns are common and effective ways to treat or replace teeth that have been damaged by injury or tooth decay. Dental crowns especially, the porcelain crowns are the perfect solution for bringing out your brightest smile. Following are the advantages of porcelain dental crowns, brought to you by Ridgetop Dental’s dentists Alexandria, VA.
What are some problems that can be fixed with porcelain crowns?
Porcelain crowns can be very useful when it comes to treating several teeth problems and improving the health of teeth. Dental crowns are used in the following cases:
• Tooth decay: A crown can be a good choice if you have a tooth that is so broken or damaged by tooth decay that a filling is no longer an option. Because the crown protects the tooth from further decay, this can be a good way to save a tooth and prevent having a tooth extraction by your dentist.
• Chipped tooth: When a large enough portion of a tooth has been chipped off, a crown may be easier and more reliable than other restorations.
• To improve the appearance of teeth: Porcelain crowns can be used to cover up teeth that are unusually shaped or are stained or discolored.
• Missing tooth/teeth: A crown can also help treat a missing tooth or several missing teeth. It does this by acting as a point of support, or an anchor, for a dental bridge (also called a fixed partial denture) that your dentist can place to fill in a gap made by a missing tooth or teeth. Missing teeth can effectively be corrected by using dental implant crown, say the experts for dental implants in Sterling, VA.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Following are the main benefits of dental implants:
1. They look completely natural: Porcelain dental crowns are the perfect solution for bringing out your brightest smile. The material is designed to match the shape, color, and durability of your teeth, making your smile bright and natural.
2. Porcelain crowns are durable: Porcelain is durable, often lasting 15 years or longer before becoming worn or chipped. With proper hygiene and care, a crown can even last 30 years before needing replacement.
3. Remains strain free: Porcelain is a stain-free material. Crowns will rarely discolor like other tooth-colored restorations or enamel.
4. Protects a damaged tooth from further damage: A porcelain crown helps protect a damaged tooth from further damage or decay, preserving the healthy part of the tooth within. It may also help reduce sensitivity. Porcelain crowns are known for their durability and versatility. If you have lost your tooth/teeth or have noticed signs of wear in them, you can safely opt for porcelain crowns and still if you have any apprehensions regarding porcelain crowns, contact Ridgetop Dental’s cosmetic dentists in Alexandria, VA, by simply calling them at: (703) 444 9900or visiting their website, http://www.ridgetopdental.com/
Like it? Share it!
About the Authorridgetopdental
Joined: December 17th, 2013
Articles Posted: 64
More by this author