Medical Centrifuge- Its Many Features And Some Safety Guidelines.
Posted by geniebiocorp on December 11th, 2014
Science is progressing in great strides and the use of laboratory centrifuges is seen profoundly that provide profound help in the world of science. Whether meant for discoveries or experimentation, centrifuges play a very special role. They are driven by motor, which propel the centrifuges to spin round at a very high speed to change the chemical combination of the liquid contents. Remember, centrifuges can be of varied types that differ according to sample and size capacity.
A medical centrifuge should be loaded carefully and for so you should follow some safety guidelines. If not properly balanced, then the contents can create medical disaster causing harm to the environment and also to you. Check out the following points to know what guidelines should be followed.
• When loading the centrifuges it should be done quite carefully
• The balancing is carefully achieved by using the right combination of samples and also balancing tubes that have uniform weight. This is done by following different balancing patterns
• Remember this that when the rotor moves at high speed, centrifuges move round at lightning speed. Hence, if there is little difference in mass of load, then that can create huge imbalances
• Make sure that the centrifuges you are using in laboratory feature automatic rotor imbalance detection signal so that when an imbalance is noted the spinning discontinues
• Check if the lid locking mechanism is working fine and also the rotor is working fine.
• It is advisable to go for the modern day centrifuges, since they have safety shielding that takes care of any kind of motor failure and bar catastrophic failures
• Maintenance and operation of centrifuges should be done at regular intervals
• Rotors should be adequately inspected repeatedly
• When a rotor is past expected lifetime it should be replaced by new one
Laboratory centrifuges find a wide range of applications in Pathology, Medical establishments, Institutional laboratories, hospitals and so on.
Well, by now you must be aware of the important role of centrifuges and how they have their best results in laboratory functions with adequate safety measurements. Herein, we bring you features of laboratory centrifuges to aid you know how these machines play a highly crucial role.
• Helps in solid liquid separation
• Features heavy duty bearing that help to withstand vibratory load. It also helps in keeping centrifugal forces at bay
• Features speed regulator and lockable lid
• Ensures high-speed performance
• Easy lid lock mechanism
• The units is versatile
• Depending upon the purpose of use, different centrifuges are used
• Helps in isolating nucleic acids
• Also aids in purifying enveloped ribosomes and viruses
• Aids in separating cell organelles
Well, so far a lot has been discussed, but we would like to mention the name GenieBio Corp., a micro centrifuge manufacturer in Korea. The company is today known for manufacturing different types of centrifuges that welcome a deluge of benefits. Being one of the DNA sequencing companies, GenieBio Corp., has its team of personnel who work day and night at the R & D department to come up with centrifuges of varied types.
Thus, this article reflects on the safety tips and features of centrifuges to aid you learn a great deal about these units.
Like it? Share it!
About the Authorgeniebiocorp
Joined: August 29th, 2014
Articles Posted: 5
More by this author