Is Zoom Teeth Whitening Really Effective?
Posted by Garry S. on June 22nd, 2018
With habits like coffee and tea drinking and smoking and consuming darkly coloured foods, our teeth can take on a darker appearance. While there are many whitening options that you can use to whiten your teeth at home, they may not produce the same results as an in-office teeth whitening. Zoom teeth whitening is a dental procedure that is performed at your dentist's office and can whiten your teeth up to 8 shades. In this procedure, the dentist uses hydrogen peroxide and an LED Light to treat stained and discoloured teeth. It is a powerful whitening procedure and can produce good results with some amount of pain and sensitivity during and post-procedure.
What causes staining and discoloration of teeth?
Following is a list of factors that lead to stained and discolored teeth:
1) Smoking – Smoking tobacco can very badly impact your overall health including oral health and aesthetics. This is a leading cause of tooth decay and discoloration.
2) Eating Habits – Certain food and beverages have chemicals that can stain teeth.
3) Enamel loss – Teeth grinding and over-brushing can thin the dental enamel exposing the yellowish dentin underneath.
Advantages of Zoom Teeth Whitening
Following are the advantages of using zoom teeth whitening procedure:
1) Consumes very little time – While at home teeth whitening products can take a day and even weeks to show visible results, zoom teeth whitening is a dental procedure that can be completed in approximately one hour and in one visit.
2) Controlled whitening – Some teeth whitening procedures require using dental trays that may not fit your teeth adequately and may result in the whitening solution to get onto your gums and cause irritation and pain. During the zoom procedure, your gums are isolated for protection.
3) Get a whiter shade – Zoom teeth whitening can whiten your teeth up to eight shades. You need to consult with a dentist to see if your teeth are eligible for whitening.
Disadvantages of Zoom Whitening
Zoom Teeth Whitening does not have any long-lasting or major side effects. It can cause sensitivity for some time after the procedure that subsides quickly. If the hydrogen peroxide particles come in contact with skin and gums, it can cause minor burning which can be relieved with vitamin E. Whitening does not work on fillings, crowns or veneers.
If you are looking for teeth whitening in Calgary, get in touch with Expressions Dental™ Clinic. We offer zoom teeth whitening service to whiten your teeth. Call to book a consult.