Registration Requirements for Diet Food Manufacturer

Posted by Enterslice on August 10th, 2018

Diet food or snacks are as delicious and scrumptious as their original counterparts – it is just that they are made with ingredients that are light, are majorly calorie-free, do not contain added preservatives and hence they are healthier in comparison to oily and fried food. The diet food industry is growing in India as more customers are getting health conscious following a fitness-oriented lifestyle.

Before starting a diet food manufacturing unit in India, it is mandatory by law to get the following basic registrations and licenses:-

  1. Register the business entity legally either as a Partnership Firm, Sole Proprietor, One Person Company, Limited Liability Partnership and Private Limited Company.
  2. MSME Udyog Aadhaar registration under the MSMED Act, 2006. The documents required for this 14-digit number are – Aadhaar and PAN card details of the owners/partners; name of the enterprise; type of organization; current address and account details; NIC code; total number of employees in the organization; details of current activities of the firm; email id and mobile number of the owners/partners;
  3. GST registration online at the government website
  4. Trade License from the municipal authorities as per the Municipal Corporation Act, 1957. The 11th Schedule of the Act mentions about safeguarding public health and following of hygiene standards by the diet food manufacturer.
  5. Professional Tax Registration, ESI, and EPF registration to safeguard the interests and welfare of employees and workers.
  6. Food License from the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, which is headquartered in New Delhi and operates as an independent body is governed by the Ministry of Health and Welfare.

FSSAI License - Whether the food business operator is a petty diet food manufacturer, or a medium or big scale enterprise, the FSSAI registration is essential to start work. The objective of FSSAI is to ensure that the food chain process in the country follows set rules and regulations with the purpose of providing the consumers with safe and wholesome food. Depending upon the annual turnover and size of the manufacturing unit, there are three different types of licenses/registrations – the basic FSSAI registration is meant for small-scale business with an expected annual turnover of less than Rs. 12 lakh; the state license is for medium scale enterprise with an expected annual turnover between Rs. 12 lakh to Rs. 2 crore and the central license is applicable for business units that have turnovers of more than Rs. 2 crores. In this case, the criteria for deciding the applicable license will be the size of the plant and business. In case the manufacturing unit of diet food is located in one state but the manufacturer plans to sell across different states through his company branded shops, he needs to get a Central license for the registered office and state license from respective state authorities in all states that his unit is present.

We have years of experience getting businesses registered as LLP, partnership firm, OPC or Private Limited Company. We guide new manufacturing units able to get their GST registrations done on time and help them file their quarterly returns. We also provide assistance in getting them to get their Udyog Aadhaar registration and Food license/registrations done on time.

Link To Directory
Top Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members

Copyright 2020
733,996 total articles and counting.