Although slime is a fun and cool product, it is not great when it sticks on your carpet. There are several ways you can remove dried slime from your carpet or a rug, depending on what you have handy. It only takes a little time and a few simple steps towards carpet restoration to its original state.
Howsoever it may sound, you really need to know what you’re dealing with, if you want success to get rid of it. taking into account the technology of production and advancement there are many seemingly the same but by composition different slimes. You never know what ingredient will make that your carpet remains permanently damaged, or dirty.
Tools Required for Cleaning
- Vacuum cleaner
- Clean cloth
- Paper towels
- A thin knife
- Rubbing brush
Step By Step Cleaning Process
Step 1: Removing The Slime
- Firstly, scape away the carpet dried slime. If there is a giant blob of slime on your carpet, you should remove as much of it as possible. Scoop the excess away with a spoon or scrape it off with a knife, working from the outside to the centre.
- Next with the help of your vacuum cleaner, remove the slime so that you can get to the carpet slime stain. Vacuum the area in several directions to suck up as much of the dried slime as possible. You can use an upright vacuum or a handheld variety. Ensure that the slime is dry before vacuuming so you do not clog up the vacuum.
- Choose the carpet cleaning solution accordingly Vinegar, rubbing alcohol, goo remover, citrus solvent, and WD-40 can all be used to remove slime and stains from carpet. Choose whatever you have on hand, or pick up the product of your choice from your local hardware store or superstore.
- Wear gloves to protect your hands from the chemicals and the dye in the slime. Be sure to test the solution on an inconspicuous spot before treating the stain.
Step 2: Treating The Stain
- Apply the chosen cleaning solution for carpet stain removal. Rubbing alcohol, distilled white vinegar, and WD-40 can be poured or sprayed directly on the carpet as they won’t harm the carpet backing. Be sure to saturate the entire area. However, if you are using citrus solvent or goo remover, pour the product on a towel and press it into the carpet. Use just enough product to wet the slime and stain. This keeps the product from soaking through and dissolving the carpet backing.
- Allow the solution to soak for 10 to 15 minutes. It is important to allow the cleaning solution to soften dried slime and penetrate the fibres for carpet colour removal.
- Wipe off the slime and carpet slime stain with an old towel. After 10 to 15 minutes, use an old kitchen towel or paper towel to wipe away the slime and the stain. You shouldn’t even need to do much scrubbing. Toss the towel out when you are done. If your removing stubborn stains from the carpet, repeat the process.
- Now rinse the area of carpet stain with hot water. Wet an old towel with hot water and wring out the excess. Blot the carpet with the towel to remove the cleaning solution and any remaining slime from the carpet.
- Remove the excess amount of liquid present and allow the carpet to dry. Press a dry towel into the carpet to soak up as much liquid as you can. Then, allow the area to air dry completely.
To Get The Services On Call
Carpet deep cleaning is one of the most difficult chores around the house. While the best way would be to have a regular carpet cleaning schedule, it's still difficult to enforce it at all times. Most of you are associated with some or other types of profession that requires scheduling your activities and related to your home and workplaces, which is not always possible. Many a times there are instances when the freshly occurred stains go unnoticed and you are bothered about the stain carpet.
We at Spotless Carpet Steam Cleaning come to your rescue all time whenever you need to undergo carpet slime removal. We have a team of highly skilled professionals who are great at handling all types of carpets. Whether it is your office or home, we are always there for you. For the last couple of years we have been recognized as the Best Carpet Cleaning Hobart company. Besides, we have exclusive client lists who refer us to their friends and family as we provide great value to our customers. Reach out to us and we will provide you same day carpet cleaning service and carpet maintenance tips on our visit.
Top Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Copyright © 2020 Uberant.com677,460 total articles and counting.