Apply for Scholarships to Study Abroad
Posted by Rita Biswas on November 11th, 2019
“I want to graduate from a foreign university!” – this dream is highly mushrooming among students in India with the increased possibilities to study abroad. But this dream often gets a break on the way instead of accomplishing it straight away just because of the costs and expenses involved.
Here is a way how the road to accomplishing the dream to study abroad can be smoothened. Students can apply for scholarships for their studies if they do not want to spend anything from their pockets, nor take loans from some bank nor ask for financial assistance from someone.
For students that aren’t aware of the scholarships that can be applicable, here are some popular scholarships to study overseas.
Herein, there are two categories based on the receipt of funds/ grants.
- Interest Subsidy for Education Loan: The student has to apply for loan through these scholarships; where the simple interest to be paid during the moratorium period is paid by the government.
- Financial Assistance: The students receive financial assistance towards their tuition fees.
- The students should apply for the scholarship themselves.
- There are specific deadlines that have to be considered while applying.
- These scholarships offer financial funds for specific listed universities, specific courses like Arts and Culture, Environmental Science, International Legal Science and so on.
- These scholarships are country specific too – i.e. US and others.
- The financial awards can cover the entire tuition fees, living expenses, air fares, health insurance and other expenses also, i.e. Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Scholarship for Masters in Business and MBA from Stanford University USA.
- There are a few scholarships that may not cover all the other expenses, but offer the entire tuition fee only, i.e. TATA scholarships.
Majorly all countries and universities have their merit based scholarships to be offered for academic excellence as well as extracurricular excellence. In of the case, the student should be focused to achieve academic excellence till the end and have a focus of future career directives.
The students shouldn’t be disheartened if they aren’t eligible to apply for any of the scholarships. Students can always look forward to Funding Options for Overseas Education Loan. The ease to apply for education loan is also now easier but it also requires dedication and career focus.
Scholarships by Indian Government for Study Abroad Aspirants
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorRita Biswas
Joined: August 13th, 2019
Articles Posted: 10
More by this author