HERE’S WHY YOU SHOULD HIRE AN ATTORNEY TO WRITE YOUR WILL
Posted by Lukas Knight on November 27th, 2020
Writing your will means business. This document decides who gets your property after your death and it’s important that you have your will ready before it’s too late. If you don’t have a will, the state can make the decision of who inherits your property and everything else that comes with it.
Having your will written beforehand is very advantageous as everything you own goes to the person that you decide and not someone else. This is why you should hire a wills and estates lawyer. Kamloops provides smart and Professional attorneys to write your will.
- Information Package:The client will be given a form that they need to fill to the best of their ability. The blanks will be filled in the presence of the client, by the attorney.
- Retainer Letter:The retainer letter is to be signed and submitted along with the amount paid fully in cash, bank or by cheque as a way to confirm the representative you have chosen.
- Consultation:A telephonic call or direct conversation is taken up to understand and discuss the particulars of your interests. Then, the documents will be ready for you to sign and witness.
- Follow-up:An appointment will be arranged in order for you to sign the document, after which it will be sent to you for safekeeping via mail, fax or in person.
- This is the process you follow when hiring a wills and estates lawyer. Kamloops provides exceptional legal services and there’s a reason people choose to write the will before their death. There is a lot of legal advantages and perks to this.
- It is an efficient step to make the will as it ensures the protection of your assets. After your death, the properties will only go the beneficiaries that you had chosen in your will. The attorney makes sure of that.
- Contrary to popular belief, creating a will is not that pricey. The expenses greatly depend on the expertise of the lawyer, place and your family needs. It is better to invest in a good lawyer than have a will with several loopholes.
- Any time after you’ve written your will, you can update or change certain things to your liking in order to avoid mishaps. Your attorney can help you with that.
- The years of experience and knowledge that the lawyer possesses will help you to create a will as accurate as possible and they will reduce the risks of anything legal ever happening.
These are just a few reasons on why you should hire an attorney for your will. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
If you are looking for similar services, contact Lisa Denham Law Office for your legal needs.
Lukas Knight is the author of this article. For further detail about wills and estates lawyer Kamloops please visit the website.