5 Immutable Truths about Organic Mattresses
Posted by TheOrganicMattressStore on December 17th, 2014
The green movement has been long underway and more and more people are taking interest in products as well as in services that promote greener and healthier alternatives. In recent years, the demand for organic products has grown exponentially, and for good reason, because organic products provide greater health benefits over their non-organic counterparts. Organic mattresses are a great example of these healthier, more environmentally-friendly products and here are some interesting facts about them:
• Organic mattresses are typically made out of organic cotton, wool and natural rubber/latex. They are produced naturally. Organic mattresses are required to follow organic standards, thus ensuring their health benefits. Mattresses that fall short of these standards are often categorized as natural products. To avoid subpar products, you should only purchase your mattresses from trusted distributors of certified organic mattresses like The Organic Mattress Store Inc.
• Conventional mattresses often use petroleum-based materials like polyurethane foam, which according to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), has been linked to various health issues like respiratory problems. Avoiding these synthetic materials and using organic mattresses help prevent the development of these conditions and lessen the toxicity of the place where you let your family sleep.
• Organic mattresses are most popular as children's and infants' bedding. This is because young kids are more likely to develop respiratory problems due to inhaling chemicals from their beddings. According to studies, infants who slept in synthetic bedding were two times as likely to develop wheezing as those who slept in natural/organic bedding.
• While it is true that organic mattresses are more expensive than traditional mattresses, the health benefits they offer are far greater, making them worth the high upfront price. Additionally, those who cannot afford full organic mattresses can always add organic mattress encasings and/or toppers over their traditional bed in the mean time. As the demand for organic mattresses grows, prices are likely to rise in the coming years, especially since a lot of people are pushing organic products as a standard.
• Some manufacturers may not meet all the requirements set for organic mattresses, which is why you should be mindful when buying these kinds of products from un-trusted sources. Always buy your organic mattresses and beddings from bricks and mortar retailers, with stores, and distributors that support and carry products from manufacturers that follow the strictest standards when it comes to producing organic mattresses.
About the Author:
Dennis and Leora Hornick are the owners of the Organic Mattress Store Inc. They started this business in 2004 and within a few years it became a big brand store in Pennsylvania and the East Coast, all the way to California.
The Organic Mattress Store Inc. is a well-known organic mattress store in Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey. They provide mattresses made up of 100% certified organic cotton and pure wool. They are the market leaders in natural and organic mattress. They have all big brands in their store like Green Sleep, Royal-Pedic, WJ-Southard, Shepherds Dream, Cozy-Pure etc, for you to come in to try out.