Encounter Hypertension With These Simple Steps
Posted by Susan george on July 20th, 2018
It is another name of high blood pressure. In this, blood pressure is elevated in arteries. There is no any specific symptom of hypertension. In case of longer duration, it can cause stroke, heart failure, peripheral vascular disease, vision loss, chronic kidney disease etc.
We use two terms in hypertension that is:
It is maximum pressure which ranges from 100 to 130 mmHg (millimeters mercury).
- It varies between 60-80 mmHg
- High blood pressure is classified as; primary and secondary blood pressure.
- Primary blood pressure is caused due to bad lifestyle and genetic factors. 90 -95% cases are founded as primary.
- Secondary blood pressure mainly caused because of kidney problems, endocrine disorder and use of birth control pills.
PREVENTION OF HYPERTENSION
- Eating a healthy diet: - To help manage your blood pressure, you should limit the amount of sodium (salt) that you eat, and increase the amount of potassium in your diet. It is also important to eat foods that are lower in fat, as well as plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Getting regular exercise: - Exercise can help you maintain a healthy weight and lower your blood pressure. You should try to get moderate-intensity aerobic exercise at least 2 and a half hours per week, or vigorous-intensity aerobic exercise for 1 hour and 15 minutes per week. Aerobic exercise, such as brisk walking, is any exercise in which your heart beats harder and you use more oxygen than usual.
- No smoking and alcohol: - smoking and alcohol are the major reason of high blood pressure. Alcohol also causes weight gain.
- Avoid stress: - we should maintain our emotional and physical health. Nowadays, stress is the major issue among youth. Exercise, listening to music, meditation should be followed to avoid stress.
There are many drugs in market which are very helpful in hypertension like:
- diuretics, including thiazides, chlorthalidone, and indapamide
- beta-blockers and alpha-blockers
- calcium-channel blockers
- central agonists
- peripheral adrenergic inhibitor
- angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors
- angiotensin receptor blockers
Anyone taking antihypertensive medications should be sure to carefully read labels, especially before taking any over-the-counter (OTC) medications, such as decongestants.
For urgent care (of children), search “pediatrics Urgent care near me”.
You will get many clinics near to your location.
For example; for the places of Watchung and Far hills, you can type “pediatric urgent care watchung” and “pediatric urgent care far hills” respectively.