7 best practices for product review websites
Posted by lexifip158 on June 11th, 2020
Product review sites abound in the vast seas of the Internet, but finding one that is unbiased and works with integrity can be like finding the proverbial needle in a haystack.
Consumers are bombarded with information and it can be difficult to extract reputable gems from the rest of the rubble. Here are some guidelines that trusted sites use to adhere to industry best practices for product review websites:
1. Is there an explanation of how the reviewer conducts product reviews? An important item on the integrity checklist is whether the site details how products are reviewed, what they look for, how they evaluate a product, and whether they buy the products themselves or use review copies. All of this should be fully disclosed and easily accessible (not buried at the bottom of the footer, hoping the consumer won't find it).
2. Is there a page about us? This is a crucial element to consider. Many "reviewers" remain anonymous and are never really sure who is running the site, or what their schedule is. A great hallmark of an honest product review site is transparency. Whether the reviewer identifies himself and provides information about why they built the site.
3. Is there an FTC disclosure and is it displayed correctly? In the United States, product review sites that use affiliate links MUST comply with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requirement to show an FTC disclosure. This should be prominently displayed on the site without having to click to go to another page. It should also appear 'above the fold', that is, in the upper half of the web page, so that the reader does not have to scroll down to find it.
4. Does the review site offer other consumer or marketing information, or just reviews? A consumer-oriented site will focus on the needs and interests of the consumer. Reputable product review sites generally offer supplemental advice and practical สินค้าไฮเทค นําเข้า in addition to reviews, not just to introduce each product they "review."
5. Does the site have a privacy statement? As a consumer, you have the right to know how your personal information and IP address are used. Reputable review sites will have the required privacy page detailing how your information is used.
6. Is there a combination of positive and negative reviews? Authentic and unbiased product review sites will have a mix of positive and negative reviews. Watch out for sites that only give brilliant reviews to each product they review, or are single-base sites that feature a single product. A respected review site must be consumer-oriented and courageous when analyzing products that do not meet the needs of the buying public.
7. Do the reviewers buy the products themselves? While there are some reputable reviewers who can objectively evaluate a free review copy of a product without bias, the simple fact that they got it for free undermines the appearance of objectivity. Reviewers who buy their own products can remain objective and hold the product accountable to standards that a regular consumer would.Also See: Product Review, Review Sites, Review Websites, Review Site, Site, Review, Product
Get Paid to Write Reviews!
BravoCoin is a review app that pays its community for writing & rating reviews of restaurants, hotels, services, movies, video games & more. Signup and claim 10 FREE Bravo coins!